Join the Leadership Revolution!
As social and emotional intelligence practices inform current thinking, leaders are shifting away from a command and control style of leading. At the same time, organizations realize the importance of employee engagement and they are looking towards new ways of inspiring and motivating their staff.
Two strategic areas that are having a tremendous impact on this new way of leading, directly involves coaching: managers are doing more coaching, and coaching as a practice is being scaled across organizations.
If leaders truly want to motivate their workforce, build an organization of high performers, and attract and retain millennials, then organizations will need to invest in coaching. In the Art and Science of Leadership program you will acquire the emotional and social intelligence skills needed to become a more mindful, empathetic, coaching leader.
Included in Leadership Certificate Program
- 360-Degree Leadership Assessment and Feedback Based on the Masterpiece Leader Competency Model
- A systematic approach for becoming a more intentional, mindful, empathetic leader
- Skill building, reflective exercises, & reusable Cognitive Tools that support 12 leadership best practices
- Ongoing Regard: How to Show Appreciation
- Humble Inquiry: The Art of Asking Instead of Telling
- The Coaching Leader: Coaching vs. Managing
- Testing Assumptions: The Ladder of Inference
- Deconstructing Conversations: Revealing New Perspectives
- Group Inquiry: Structured Reflection to Engage, Motivate and Drive Action
- Clear Expectations: Holding Others Accountable
- Effective Feedback: Creating a Non-Threatening Process
- Mutual Inquiry: Posing Questions to Deepen & Shift Thinking
- Coaching Moments: Creating Opportunities to Motivate
- Decisions in Times of Uncertainty: Evaluating Potential Gains and Losses
- Thinking Partners: Reciprocal Empathetic Inquiry
Free Information Sessions
- Wednesday Aug 22, 2018 @ 5:30 pm
- Thursday Sep 6, 2018, @ 5:30 pm.
Husson University Westbrook Campus: 340 County Rd, Westbrook, ME 04092
Classes begin September 19, 2018, 5:30 – 8:30PM. Details
Vince Pelote MBA, Founding and Managing Partner, Executive Coach
Pelote has been involved with behavioral competencies since the 1980′s when he built healthcare-specific leadership models with Lyle Spencer and the work they did at Leadership, Development & Research. Pelote’s professional career has focused on developing the capacity of leaders. During the past 6 years, Vince Pelote has successfully coached more than 200 clients. He sees each coaching session as an opportunity to deepen his understanding of human behavior and as a way to use his years of experience and knowledge in helping clients achieve what is important to them.
Other notable accomplishments are:
- Invited member to Peter Senge’s Research & Global Coaching communities within the Society for Organizational Learning (SOL)
- Directed the research for and co-edited Masterpieces in Healthcare Leadership: Cases and Analysis for Best Practice, published by Jones and Bartlett in 2007
- Currently on the Advisory Board of the Harvard Business Review
- Former Senior Director of Organizational Learning at UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Former Senior Malcolm Baldrige Examiner
- Lead researcher for a major leadership-training grant that was funded by the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) and Hay/McBer
- Former faculty member for University Health System Consortium
Steven P. Cote, Chalmers Insurance Group
Steve was promoted to President of Chalmers Insurance Group in January of 2014, the first non-family member to lead the Agency in its 158 year history. A licensed Property and Casualty Insurance Agent in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, he is a trusted risk management advisor, providing leadership perspective and practical solutions to best safeguard his clients’current & future success. Steve often represents Chalmers as an advisory board member to many carrier partners. Current and past advisory affiliations include: Hanover Insurance; Liberty Mutual; Acadia Insurance; MMG Insurance; Main Street America Group (current National Vice-Chair) & Patriot Insurance. A 1989 graduate of Bowdoin College and veteran youth basketball coach, Steve lives in Conway, NH with his wife, Lisa and daughters, Kimberly and Elizabeth.
Dajuan Eubanks, President, The Maine Red Claws
In June of 2014, Dajuan was promoted to President of the Maine Red Claws – a NBA Development Team affiliated with the Boston Celtics and owned by Maine Basketball LLC. He joined the organization in its inception in 2009 as Vice President of Corporate Partnerships. Before joining the team, Dajuan worked in the experiential marketing industry for 13-plus years with several leading agencies. During this time his role and responsibilities varied from project management to client services to business development and sales, where he worked with a variety of Fortune 100 clients across the country. Dajuan is a former player and Goodwill Ambassador of the world famous Harlem Globetrotters where he performed extensively around the world with the organization, entertaining thousands of fans. He is also a co-founder of Blue Wave Basketball – a non-profit youth basketball development program for boys and girls grades K-12 established in Portland in 2011 – and a member of the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club of Southern Maine and Portland Community Chamber. A graduate of Rice University with a B.A. in Business Management, he grew up in Alabama and Texas, and has resided in Portland, Maine with his daughters since 2005.